10/04/2010

International Glass Festival 2010 Submition

Serenity

These are the images and addional information I submitted for the international glass festival this year, I hope I get in.
Oh and all the photography is by me :)


Additional Information

The inspiration for this piece is taken from architecture, and the ever-changing skylines of towns and cities mixed with soft organic forms and surfaces, so that the two to contrast yet complement each other.
The angular forms in my work seem to change as you move around it, and the organic curves are hand carved to create a water like flow through the pieces, the colours used reflect this to pull the piece together to give a serene and calming feel.
I use glass as my medium as I feels it captures the fluidity of the flow in my work and when polished adds extra dimensions to the angles of my pieces.


And last but not least....

It's Me!
My portrait picture to go with my submition.

No comments:

Post a Comment