30/01/2010

Introduction

My name is Kim Farmer, I am a 3rd year Glass student at Wolverhampton University.
The majority of my work is kiln cast but I didn't learn how to cast until the second year of my course after I spend the first year doing ceramics and textiles as well as glass. In the glass section of my course I spent a lot of time working in hot glass, I still occasionally go into the hot shop but that's if it's really cold everywhere else.
For this last semester I will be carrying on with kiln casting because I feel my work is strongest working method (and doing a bit of hot casting just for fun) and I will need something strong and well finished to display at the Degree Show and for New Designers. I will be posting my progress on here as often as I can.

I have decided to write my log book in the form of a blog so I can keep up to date with my work and so my technical notes are always accessible.

I would like it for any visitors to the site to post comment on my work to let me know what they think or if they have any questions or advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment